Niche Technology saving up to 40% on energy consumption
How Smartcool Saves Energy
The ECO3 and ESM are Smartcool’s unique retrofit technologies, that use intelligent compressor optimization, which can reduce the energy consumption of compressors in air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump systems by up to 40%.
Air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump (HVAC-R) units waste a lot of energy through natural inefficiency. Their compressors consume about 70% of the total energy used by the system. The average building has about 35% of its total energy used up by these systems- and many businesses see much more of their energy bill coming from their cooling systems.
The ECO3 or ESM is installed between the thermostat or primary controller and the compressor in any HVAC-R system. Here’s how it works:
• Temperature in a controlled space will rise until it hits the maximum temperature allowed by the thermostat. The thermostat will then ask the compressor to run until the minimum temperature is achieved.
• This system is operating within a control band. As the top of the band when the compressor begins to run, conditions are at their most efficient.
• As the compressor continues to provide cooling and approaches the bottom of the control band, it is using twice as much energy to achieve each degree of cooling as it was when it started at the top of the band.
Smartcool solves this natural inefficiency with compressor optimization tailored to suit the existing controls and equipment.
Smartcool Cycle Optimization
• Smartcool’s ECO3 and ESM are installed between the compressor and the thermostat or controller. From there, they actively monitor and analyze the conditions of the system.
• The ECO3 and ESM use the information they gather to dynamically adjust the length of each cooling cycle in order to help the compressor operate more often under its most energy efficient conditions.
• The ECO3 or ESM will intercept the signal from the controller and calculate when the compressor should start and how long it should run for maximum energy savings while still achieving temperature requirements.
Smartcool have sold approximately 35,000 units worldwide, and has been nominated for Product of the Year (Finalist) at the 2018 National Energy Efficiency Awards http://energyefficiencyawards.co.uk/
Smartcool’s technology has undergone rigorous independent third party testing by industry leaders such as Oak Ridge National Laboratories. Click here (part of the US Department of Energy). Smartcool brings our customers confidence in energy efficiency performance with no risk to existing equipment and without wasting time and money.
Contact Energy Renewals today on
01753 208 125
or email us at email@example.com
to inquire about Smartcool